The Sweet 16 is a 16" lathe with fixed headstock, removable gap bed, 1/2" thick stainless steel ways and industrial grade motor and controls.
The Sweet 16 will give you maximum capacity in a compact footprint.
Removing the gap bed converts the Sweet 16 into a 32" bowl lathe. Moving the gap to the end increases its spindle turning capacity by 14". See animation below. The corded pendent controller is fitted with two rare earth magnets and can be moved anywhere along the lathe bed, on the leg assembly or on the headstock.
The headstock and bed of the Sweet 16 is fabricated in Robust's shop in Wisconsin from steel. The ways are stainless steel. The tailstock and banjo are cast iron made at Austin Foundry in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.
Like our other lathes, the Sweet 16 adjusts to your height.
Here are some great features of the Robust Sweet 16 Lathe:
• Fixed Headstock with 16" inboard capacity which is easily converted to 32" capacity as a gap bed lathe. The removed bed section can mount on the lathe as a bed extension
• The headstock is relieved in front, allowing great access to the back of the work, something you won't find on most popular imported lathes.
• Available in three bed lengths:
◦ Short Bed - 16", 30" with the gap as a bed extension
◦ StandardBed - 26", 40" with the gap as a bed extension
◦ Long Bed - 38", 52" with the gap as a bed extension
• 1 1/2 HP motor Standard. 2HP motor available as an option
• Stainless steel bed ways standard
• Variable speed, forward and reverse are standard.
• Height is adjustable from 42 to 49". The Sweet 16 adjusts to fit you.
• The variable speed drive is housed below the lathe in the leg assembly. This keeps it protected and out of the dust.
• The corded pendant controller is fitted with two rare earth magnets and can be moved anywhere along the lathe bed, on the leg assembly, tailstock or on the headstock.
• Locking the spindle disconnects the controls, so no more burnt belts if you try to start the lathe with the spindle lock engaged.
• Excellent low end torque is ensured the use of a vector style motor drive with auto tune.
• 48 position indexing is standard and accessed from inside the headstock.
• The Sweet 16 spindle is precision ground and is made from pre-hardened aircraft grade Chrome-Moly Steel. It is threaded M33 x 3.5 , with an imperial version optional.
• The headstock, tailstock and banjo are cast iron made from our patterns at Austin Foundry in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.